- In line with current Government guidance, all bookings from 12th April 2021 must be seated outside only.
- All tables must adhere to the ‘Rule of 6’. Groups of up to 6 from any number of households are able to share a table (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6) – with a max of 6 people per table.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to guarantee multiple bookings by the same party will be seated near one another.
- All tables have a fixed table time allocation of 2 hours. NB; Please note if you do wish to stay for longer please ask your server on the day and if we have availability we will try our best to accommodate your request where possible.
- All guests must remain seated and it will be table service only.
- A non refundable deposit of £5 per person is required for all bookings on Fridays and Saturdays. This will be taken at the point of booking and deducted from your bill. Please note; If any of your party does not attend they forfeit their deposit.
- If you need to amend or cancel a booking please call us on 01772 821768 with at least 48 hours’ notice otherwise unfortunately we cannot guarantee we can accommodate the changes and if cancelling any deposits paid will be forfeit.
- We politely ask you to arrive on time for your reservation. If you are running late please let us know. If you are more than 15 mins late and we haven’t been advised we cannot guarantee we can hold your table and any deposit paid will be lost, and your table potentially given to other guests waiting.
- We politely ask all our customers to adhere to social distancing guidelines and laws and be respectful to our staff at all times.
- A face mask must be worn when not seated at your table.
These measures will be under constant review and subject to change pending Government guidance. We will send you a confirmation email 24 hours prior to your booking and would encourage you to review the guidance immediately prior to your visit.
Please take some time to read through our “know before you go” reopening update below.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
At 1842, we are eager to welcome our guests with the safety and well-being of all at the forefront of our planning efforts.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of safety measures based on guidance from the government and health authorities, whilst still maintaining that high standard 1842 experience.
We request that guests dress appropriately; no trainers, sportswear, or overly casual attire. Decisions on entry are made at the door at the time of arrival.
The measures we have implemented include:
- Temperature screenings prior to entry for all management and employees
- Social distancing practices including socially distanced queues, floor markings and physical barriers
- Our furniture has been placed to provide adequate space for social distancing. Please do not move chairs or tables.
- Temporary capacity modifications
- An increased focus on disinfection and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas and at all entrances and exits.
- Employee training and development – teaching our employees to engage with guests in a way that promotes social distancing guidelines in communal areas.
- Contactless / Low contact ordering
- Encouragement of contactless card payments, where possible.
WHAT IS OUR POLICY & SAFETY MEASURES FOR COVID-19?
Creating a memorable experience for our guests will always be our top priority. That’s why we’ve ramped up our sanitation practices and taken extra precautions to help all guests and staff members stay safe.
In compliance with government guidelines all table bookings must adhere to the ‘Rule of 6’. Groups of up to 6 from any number of households are able to share a table (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6) – with a max of 6 people per table. Unfortunately, we will not be able to guarantee multiple bookings by the same party will be seated near one another.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact guest ordering to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict social distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around the bar area and booths in the restaurant, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.
- Contactless ordering: Our menu is available on our website at www.bar1842.co.uk/restaurant#menu we advise that you pre-order your meal to limit the staff interaction. Alternatively, disposable paper options are available on site. Please note, ordering on the evening may affect dish availability.
Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, if at all possible
SOCIAL DISTANCING & CAPACITY MEASURES
Managing the number of guests visiting 1842 has been a major consideration as we implement social distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of guests and employees at any given time.
CLEANLINESS & STERILISATION
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as the restaurant areas, handrails, booth areas, tables, handles, toilets and more.
Additionally, hand sanitizer locations located around the venue, and guests are highly encouraged to use these while visiting. Staff are also instructed to wash their hands every 20 minutes.
Our team will complete a Covid Cleanse every 30 minutes.
MANAGEMENT & EMPLOYEE TRAINING
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among management and employees and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the reopening phases.
ABOUT THE MEASURES
As part of these efforts, guests may see other changes to our dining offerings, as well as other experiences. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these measures are designed to offer a great experience in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain adequate social distancing. These measures will be under constant review and subject to change pending Government guidance.
YOUR INFORMATION & TEST & TRACE
As per the government’s guidelines, the information you provide on booking may also be shared with NHS Test & Trace if required. Rest assured that we will not share your data with anyone else or use it for any other reason than to support NHS Test & Trace.