- We are strongly advising bookings, whether visiting us for drinks only or the full experience of dining with drinks, to avoid disappointment.
- In line with Government guidance, only groups from one household or ‘Support bubble’ are able to share a table – with a max of 6 people per table. Unfortunately, we will not be able to guarantee multiple bookings by the same party will be seated near one another.
- All tables will have a fixed table time allocation, these times depend on group size and whether you are dining with us or just enjoying drinks. Please enquire on booking or deposit collection.
- A deposit of £10 per person is required for all bookings. This will be taken at the point of booking via the website.
- If you need to amend a booking or are running late, please call us on 01772 821768 (between 10am-5pm) with at least two hours’ notice or your deposit will be lost, and your table potentially given to other guests waiting.
- You can book for tables up to six people for food & drinks or just drinks by using the link below
These measures will be under constant review and subject to change pending Government guidance. We will send you a confirmation email 24 hours prior to your booking and would encourage you to review the guidance immediately prior to your visit.
Please take some time to read through our “know before you go” reopening update below.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
As we have begun a phased reopening of 1842, we are eager to welcome back our guests with the safety and well-being of all at the forefront of our planning efforts.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from the government and health authorities, whilst still maintaining that high standard 1842 experience.
We are committed to a responsible reopening.
The measures we have implemented include:
- Bookable tables for dining and drinking, including table service.
- Temperature screenings prior to entry for all management and employees
- Social distancing practices including socially distanced queues, floor markings and physical barriers
- Our furniture has been placed to provide adequate space for social distancing. Please do not move chairs or tables.
- Temporary capacity modifications both indoors and outdoor areas
- An increased focus on disinfection and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas and at all entrances and exits.
- Employee training and development – teaching our employees to engage with guests in a way that promotes social distancing guidelines in communal areas.
- Contactless / Low contact ordering
- Encouragement of contactless card payments, where possible.
WHAT IS OUR POLICY & SAFETY MEASURES FOR COVID-19?
Creating a memorable experience for our guests will always be our top priority. That’s why we’ve ramped up our sanitation practices and taken extra precautions to help all guests and staff members stay safe.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact guest ordering to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict social distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around the bar area and booths in the restaurant, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.
- Contactless ordering: Our menu is available on our website at www.bar1842.co.uk/restaurant#menu we advise that you pre-order your meal to limit the staff interaction. Alternatively, disposable paper options are available on site. Please note, ordering on the evening may affect dish availability.
Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, if at all possible.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & CAPACITY MEASURES
Managing the number of guests visiting 1842 has been a major consideration as we implement social distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of guests and employees at any given time.
CLEANLINESS & STERILISATION
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as the restaurant areas, handrails, booth areas, tables, handles, toilets and more.
Additionally, we will open with hand sanitizer locations located around the venue, and guests are highly encouraged to use these while visiting. Staff are also instructed to wash their hands every 20 minutes.
Our team will complete a Covid Cleanse every 30 minutes.
MANAGEMENT & EMPLOYEE TRAINING
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among management and employees and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the reopening phases.
ABOUT THE MEASURES
As part of these efforts, guests may see other changes to our dining offerings, as well as other experiences. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a great experience in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain adequate social distancing. These measures will be under constant review and subject to change pending Government guidance
YOUR INFORMATION & TEST & TRACE
As per the governments guidelines, the information you provide on booking may also be shared with NHS Test & Trace if required. Rest assured that we will not share your data with anyone else, or use it for any other reason than to support NHS Test & Trace.